Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Desperation

According to Dictionary.com, desperation means "the state of being desperate or of having the recklessness of despair."

So in my desperation to get my kids to pass, I had them text me their cell phone numbers so that I can text them reminders about class. My students have my cell phone number.

Was is this a rash decision? Yes. Will I probably change my number at the end of the year? Yes. Is it helping my kids remember? Yes. So is it worth it? Absofreakinlutely!

Although I get some random texts from students that I have to ignore...this was my best idea yet. This way, they cannot say they forgot, or didn't know. I have PROOF they knew. I have PROOF they were told. It is, my friends, the best thing I have done all year.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go McGrail! Man, Ive had a lot of catching up to do on your blogging. So-are you going to do this with new students/continue it this semester?

    Miss you so much
    -Merr

    ReplyDelete